In addition to learning the fundamental musical concepts, students develop the ability to form problem solving strategies and develop increased self-discipline. They also learn that through diligent effort, the end result is worthwhile. These are lessons that apply to all situations in life.
There have been numerous studies showing the benefits of musical study. Musical students have been shown to have better developed neural networks, giving them better perceptual skills in auditory attention, memory, and listening. Here are just a few advantages that are credited to musi students.
- Increased ability to focus in school.
- Improved reading and writing abilities.
- Better at multi-tasking.
- Better verbal skills.
- Better study habits.
- Improvements in sociological behaviors due to better attention & positive attitude.
- Better discipline, dedication, and commitment.
- Also, according to recent studies, musical students have the lowest levels of current and lifelong use of alcohol, tobacco and illicit drugs among any group in our society.
Please see Education Magazine, click here.
Other articles you might enjoy:
- Music Training Increases Brain Functions, Boston Magazine, click here.
- 12 Benefits of Music Education, click here.
- Music Training Sharpens Brain Pathways, Studies Say, Education Week, click here.
- Art:The Full Value of Music Education (Playing Mozart makes you smarter!), click here.
- Is Music the Key to Success? NY Times, click here.
- Psychology: Music can make our Mood, click here.
- Best Ways to Practice, click here.
- Music study accelerates cortical organization resulting in attention skill, anxiety management and emotional control. Click here.